The National Aluminum Historical Association has helped restore and find a home for a Bradley Hammer located at Arconic (formerly Alcoa) in Massena, NY.
Arconic Massena LLC has donated a rubber cushioned helve trip hammer made by Bradley Mfg. Co. of Syracuse to the St. Lawrence Power & Equipment Museum (Madrid, NY). It was used in forging and shaping metal parts. The design dates to 1875. Its rubber cushions and elastic helve (wooden handle) reduced wear on the hammer’s moving parts. This model had been used at the former Alcoa plant during its earliest days. To read more about this project, see the St. Lawrence Power & Equipment Museum Feb. – Apr. 2022 Newsletter